by Rroseart

Hey there, I have a concern + question about ID images for clubs!

Firstly, I cannot seem to remove ID images completely from clubs I have created so I'm assuming this is a glitch?

Secondly, just to clarify: Screenshots or anime/video games are NOT allowed for use as ID images, correct? If not, are edited screenshots (ex: I cut + paste a few parts of a few screenshots together) allowed or no to that as well?

Root (Club/Project)
# Posted on 2020-08-24 @ 6:23 AM
Edited 1 time(s), last edit: 2020-08-24 @ 6:38 AM

Reply to the comment
Posted comments
Thank you so much for making us aware of this glitch. I tried to remove the image from one of your clubs myself and it doesn't look like i was able to, so i'll be passing that on to the other staff members so it can be taken care of!

Tentatively I'm going to have to say no, as our TOS doesn't list IDs as an exception to the copyrighted images rule, but I can understand why you would want a banner from the actual source material for a fanclub ID, so I'll speak with the other staff members and see if this could be a possible exception in the future :)

Reply Root (Club/Project)
# Posted on 2020-08-24 @ 6:59 AM

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly! I will patiently await a fix. :happyhappy:

And thank you for the clarification!

# Posted on 2020-08-24 @ 6:16 PM

Hi Rroseart. The reason we don't allow copyright images for IDs is that it makes it seem that the copyright owner endorses this art site or a personal gallery which can cause legal issues. I'm afraid even using parts of copyrighted images could possibly cause us problems, so we're likely going to err on the side of caution so we don't get take down notices and are going to have to give it a no answer. Very sorry.

# Posted on 2020-08-24 @ 8:12 PM