by eishiya

Is there any possibility of this being available for instances other than y!s? I already have a Mastodon account on another instance and don't want to make another.

Root (News)
# Posted on 2023-01-03 @ 2:54 AM

Reply to the comment
Posted comments
[icon=bro]
bro
Unfortunately the way Mastodon works is that you do need an account on each instance you want to be able to post on there. It would be cool if logging in with other instance credentials were a thing - but that would be seen as a security risk, so they won't implement that.
You can absolutely create an account on our instance, then use the share url's from your main account, put them into the search box on Y!s and hit the "boost" (reblog looking button) on the subsequent post that shows up and you'll effectively have crossposted in a couple clicks without having to copy everything over
If you'd like more help or guidance with it you're welcome to send me a message or @ me on Discord ^-^

Reply Root (News)
# Posted on 2023-01-04 @ 11:00 PM

Oh, I don't mean posting to y!s from a non-y!s account, I mean integrating my non-y!s Mastodon account with y!Gallery's features, e.g. having my y!G posts mirror to Mastodon. Mastodon has functionality for this (API auth keys, etc), but it would require y!G to use this functionality, instead of being hard-tied to a specific instance.

# Posted on 2023-01-09 @ 9:04 PM

[icon=bro]
bro
Ohhhhhhhhhh. We actually did implement this type of stuff~ not to a huge extent, but it does crosspost for you and keep them somewhat updated if you update your submission :)
Check out the Setting page!
Feel free to message me on Discord or on Y!s for more info too ^-^

# Posted on 2023-01-10 @ 2:55 PM

Oh, nice! All the things on the Settings page mention Y!Social, so I didn't think it'd work for anything else.

# Posted on 2023-01-12 @ 10:49 PM

[icon=bro]
bro
Ahh, I do think there's been a misunderstanding there then 😅
The Y!social integration - while technically could work with any mastodon instance - is only available for Y!social. This is because otherwise we'd have to keep track of instance urls and whatnot, and would bloat the code to do with it more than I would like. It was a hassle integrating it (the site) with Y!social in the first place..
What you CAN do though, is set up the linking, then use the generated Y!social posts on other instances by grabbing the share link, putting it into the other instances search bars, and hitting the little reblog/boost looking icon to put it on your own profile

# Posted on 2023-01-13 @ 12:20 AM

Aah, I see. What I originally thought was what it was then :'D Not ideal, but it's something. Thanks for clarifying!

# Posted on 2023-01-13 @ 3:20 AM